Dear Parents, Carers and Students
Well done students, teachers and community members!
Today I would like to take the opportunity to offer a vote of congratulations to a number of members of the St Joseph’s College community. These students and teachers are all very deserving of being congratulated on their efforts as they set a wonderful example of what we are endeavoring to achieve at St Joseph’s College.
- Congratulations to Therese Cronin, Petrina Edser, Kerrie-Anne Fellenberg, Maree Harman, Deborah Mischlewski, Cate Park-Ballay, Emily Whiting and Amanda Wighton. All of these wonderful people were nominated across the various sections of the Toowoomba Catholic Schools Excellence Awards and for a Spirit of Catholic Education Award. We are so very grateful for the outstanding contributions these people make to our community.
- On Wednesday at our assembly we congratulated our Academic Excellence Award recipients for Semester One 2020, the Year 12 students who received their Certificate 3 in Business and a group of junior students who were acknowledged as finalists in the Storyathon awards. These students are to be commended for their outstanding commitment and dedication to their learning.
- Congratulations to Jennifer Stead, Annette Warby, Andrew Fellenberg, Deb Ditchmen, Madeleine Minns, John Hodges and Fr Ray Crowley who today were presented with Diocese of Toowoomba Catholic Schools Long Service Awards in recognition and appreciation of their service of 20, 25, 30 or 35 years. We thank you for your commitment and dedication to Catholic Education.
Catholic Education Week
Catholic Education Week is an opportunity for all Catholic schools to celebrate and promote their distinctive mission and ethos. Catholic education strives to make a difference in the lives of those in our schools and in the wider community by challenging young people to live out the message of Jesus and to reach their full potential as compassionate, contributing, life-giving members of society.
- Is a faith-based education which places the values of Jesus at its centre.
- Is a high quality, holistic education for 1 in 5 young Queenslanders, educating them to be well-informed, highly skilled and constructive members of the community.
- Values diversity and treats each student with dignity enabling them in turn to promote and respect the dignity of all.
- Nurtures in students a commitment to social justice and a critical social consciousness.
- Prepares students for global responsibilities through stewardship of the earth’s resources.
- Is an integral part of the local and universal Church.
- Occurs in welcoming, inclusive, and connected communities.
We take the opportunity this week to congratulate and show our appreciation of the efforts of all students and teachers who are part of our community and we look forward to continuing on the great tradition of Catholic Education in the Toowoomba Diocese.
Prayer for Catholic Education Week
God the Father
You are the Creator and life giver
You are our shield and our rock
May we be people who honour and respect others.
May we support and challenge each other.
God the Son You are the light of the world
You are our teacher and healer
May we be people who listen to and care for each other.
May we reach out to those who are excluded and treated unfairly.
God the Holy Spirit You are our helper and friend
You inspire us and guide us
May we be people who speak the truth and share our gifts.
May we make a difference in our school community.
We make this prayer through Christ our Lord