Important Information for Applicants
Anyone who wishes to teach at St Joseph’s College Toowoomba must be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers. Standards which must be met relate to qualifications and to good character. To satisfy the requirements of the Education (Teacher Registration) Act 1988, criminal record checks are conducted on all applicants prior to admission to the Register.
- In applying for a position within Toowoomba Catholic Education in the Diocese of Toowoomba and submitting your application for employment, you will be providing St Joseph’s College and the Catholic Education Office Diocese of Toowoomba with personal information; for example, your name, address and other details contained in your résumé/curriculum vitae. We will collect and record this information in order to assess your application.
- If you believe that any of your personal information held by us is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right, in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy legislation, to notify us and make any updates or corrections.
- When you have provided us with the name and address of a person in connection with your application [e.g. referee], you should inform the person that you have done so and the reason for it. You should also inform them that the information is to be used solely in connection with your application for employment.
- In submitting an application for employment, you agree that you will not seek access to references provided by third parties or to confidential notes or reports made to us relating to your application for employment. We seek your agreement in this regard to ensure that referees are not inhibited from providing complete and accurate references as to your suitability for the position. Access to feedback on the selection process is available.
- We expect to contact your current employer (if you have one) as one of your referees and request your consent to do so. In continuing with this application, you are giving this consent. If you prefer that we do not contact your employer, please advise us when you submit your application. You should be aware that declining to give consent may prejudice your application.
There are no current Vacancies